How To Plan the Perfect Christmas Office Party in Kings Norton, Birmingham
As the owner of Kolkata Lounge just down the road from Kings Norton, I’ve helped organise my fair share of festive office celebrations over the years! There’s nothing better than bringing a team together to enjoy good food, drinks and holiday cheer – it boosts morale before the Christmas break.
Of course, a lot of planning and preparation goes into creating an unforgettable office party. From securing the right venue to organising entertainment, it can get overwhelming. But don’t worry – follow my tips below for throwing a sensational Christmas bash in Kings Norton for your workmates!
Benefits of Having an Office Christmas Party
Let’s start with why an office Christmas party is worth investing time and effort into. I know some managers see it as an unnecessary expense or liability. But I can assure you, done right, it offers fantastic benefits:
- It’s a rare chance for your staff to socialise and bond freely, without work pressures. They can get to know each other on a more personal level.
- Everyone gets a well-deserved break to relax, unwind and de-stress before the holidays. Your employees will return refreshed and motivated.
- A festive party lifts team spirit and morale massively. At Kolkata Lounge, our staff parties are something we eagerly anticipate every year!
- Rewarding your employees for their hard work with delicious food, drinks, and entertainment makes them feel genuinely valued.
- Staff who connect on a personal level usually collaborate much more effectively. So, it strengthens working relationships and dynamics.
- Getting into the Christmas spirit together brings a beautiful sense of community. Your workers feel part of one big family.
As a manager, a Christmas party is one of my year’s highlights. Watching my team laugh, dance and create lasting memories is priceless. Look at the perfect Kings Norton venues to host such an occasion!
Christmas Party Venues in Kings Norton
The excellent news is Kings Norton, and the surrounding areas have some fantastic venues suitable for office Christmas dos. Here are my top picks:
The Bulls Head
This traditional British gastropub offers a private dining room overlooking their beer garden, perfect for groups of up to 60 people. Their Christmas set menu includes traditional turkey alongside pie and fish options, with festive desserts like mulled wine pear crumble.
The Bulls Head provides Christmas crackers, decorations and background music to set the festive scene. They can arrange quiz and karaoke nights in the private room for entertainment. Best of all, they offer great value drinks packages to suit different budgets.
“We’ve held our office Christmas lunch at The Bulls Head for the past 5 years. The food, ambience and service is brilliant every time. The staff make organising easy and stress-free.” – Rachel, Office Manager.
This upscale bar in a stunning Grade II listed building in Kings Norton is ideal for a swanky after-work bash. Their cocktail masterclasses are legendary – featuring festive blends using ingredients like cinnamon syrup and spiced rum.
Nicholsons also offer grazing food options like pie, cheese and bread platters that work perfectly at a Christmas cocktail event. And with a great DJ and dancefloor, your colleagues can dance the night away under the twinkling lights.
Hallfield Sports Club
If you’re looking for a more casual, budget-friendly option, Hallfield Sports Club is a great choice. Their clubhouse function room can hold up to 150 guests, with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the cricket pitches.
Hallfield provides a self-serve bar and buffet with classic party food like pigs in blankets, pizza, chicken wings, etc. There’s loads of entertainment too, like pool, darts, sports screens and a photo booth. And best of all, it’s affordable, starting at £25 per head!
Organising Activities and Entertainment
Aside from tasty food and festive drinks, you’ll want to provide special activities and entertainment at your office Christmas party. This is where you can get creative! Some fun ideas include:
- Festive karaoke – provide Christmas songbooks for your team to belt out the classics!
- Office awards ceremony – hand out silly superlatives and prizes for things like ‘Best Email Wit’ and ‘Coffee Machine Hogger’
- Casino tables or ball pits – we had a ball pit at my office party last year, and it was a hit!
- Christmas crafts – set up DIY wreath making, tree decoration painting or card designing tables
- Magic show – hire a magician or mentalist to perform jaw-dropping illusions
- Dance-offs and games like balloon-popping races – get everyone up on the dancefloor and mingling
- Live music from Carol singers or bands (we can provide contacts!)
- Christmas movie or show trivia – test your team’s knowledge of festive films
The options are endless – pick activities that suit your team’s interests and energy levels. Feel free to get creative and go for the unconventional. It will help make your office Christmas party truly unforgettable!
Managing Logistics and Budget
You need to get the logistics and budgeting right to pull off an incredible Kings Norton Christmas party. Here are my top tips:
- Send online invites with an RSVP function at least two months before – gives time to plan. Follow up with reminders.
- Book a coach transfer from the office to the venue if required – it lets everyone relax.
- Give at least a week’s notice for dietary requirements like gluten-free or vegan options.
- Have a clear start and end time so workers can plan childcare, etc. We suggest 7-11 pm with 7:30 pm food.
- Get a cost approved per head early and communicate expected contribution to staff – avoid surprises!
- Prepay and pre-book as much as possible – drinks packages, entertainment, decor, etc.
- Set up an online spreadsheet for attendees to select food choices ahead of time.
- Assign someone to be the official party photographer and share photos online afterwards.
Putting some thought into the logistics will allow the evening to run smoothly. Your colleagues get to enjoy the Christmas festivities without any hassle!
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some of the most common party planning questions we get asked:
Where are the best places in Kings Norton to hold a Christmas office party?
The Bulls Head, Nicholsons and Hallfield Sports Club are my top recommended venues. They offer great food, drinks, ambience and entertainment options!
What food and drinks should we arrange for our office Christmas party?
I suggest canapés or buffet-style grazing food – easier for mingling! Plus festive treats like mulled wine or cocktails and, of course, a yule log cake.
How early should we book a Christmas party venue?
2-3 months in advance minimum, up to a year for top-rated venues. Spaces get snapped up quickly, so book early.
What types of entertainment work well at a Christmas office party?
Interactive activities like karaoke, casino tables, and craft-making encourage colleagues to mingle and have fun.
How can we plan an office Christmas party on a budget?
Select an affordable venue, arrange catering, and create DIY decorations and activities. Provide drinks on a paid basis so costs are controlled.
So there you have my complete guide to orchestrating an unforgettable Christmas celebration for your team here in Kings Norton. Your employees work hard all year – they deserve to let their hair down and create special memories together this festive season. Follow my advice above to plan the ultimate office Christmas party in Birmingham! Wishing you lots of joy and cheer this holiday season.